A Social Development Initiative of Rahimafrooz
1. Installation of SHS (Solar Home System).
2. Construction of Biogas Plant.
3. Dissemination of ICS (Improved Cooking Stove).
4. RSF IT center for human resource development.
5. Link development between rural and urban growth center under Agro project.
6. Contract framing and establishment of supply chain model development.
7. Rehabilitation program for SIDR affected area and Poribesh Uthshob prize completion for SSC level student.
8. RSF Model School & college in Bogra to provide quality education for the under privileged child.
To enhance the service network, RSF has opened 132 unit offices in remote rural areas of Bangladesh.To manage its operation better over the country, RSF has opened 38 Regions. Before opening the unit office RSF conducts a primary survey to find out the energy needs of the locality and their socio-economic condition. Once the survey indicates that area is potential for dissemination of renewable energy technology then RSF takes initiative to open a new unit office to serve the area.
To support the operation and field activities. RSF has deployed adequate number of experience and socially committed felows. At present 464 staffs are working and most of them are technical professionals.
RSF has enlisted with IDCOL/World Bank solar home system program as PO (Partner Organization) from July 2006. The largest SHS program in the Country with over 500K installations.
With the financial aid of GTZ, RSF has taken an initiative to reach the poor with small SHS. Within the framework of GTZ project, RSF will install 1,200 SHS for lower income group.So far 1,200 small and mini SHS has been installed.In addition with the financial & technical help of GTZ, RSF is implementing Biogas and ICS (Improved Cooking Stove) Project. RSF is also an enlisted partner of the IDCOL Biogas & manure program Solar Home System Program In Bangladesh ,only 45% of the total population has access to the grid electricity, which is clearly indicating the acite shortage of electrical power. The scenario is far worse in rural areas. Due to the shortage of electric power rural economy does not function properly.
To address the issue RSF has taken initiative for installation of SHS in remote rural areas of bangladesh. To enhance the solar program, RSF has signed and agreement with IDCOL. Under the framework of IDCOL solar program, RSF is intitled to get GTZ/KFW/GEF grant promotional activity as well as refinancing from KFW and World Bank to provide the installment facility for the users.
To reach the pro-poor with Solar Home System, RSF signed an agreement with German Technology Corporation (GTZ) on July 20, 2006. Main objective of the program was to reach the lower income group with the renewable energy technology.
Installation of SHS is one of the main activities of RSF. From its inception RSF has install 598,431 SHS by June, 2019, through its 132 Unit Offices under IDCOL, GTZ and RSF own financing program.
At present IDCOL is financing for 30 Wp and above size through RARE Program, So lower income group into the renewable energy technology program. RSF has initiated the project with the financial support of GTZ. The project is speculated as pilot project to find out the sustainability. After successful implementation of the project, now it is incorporated into the IDCOL regular program.
The program is defined as pilot project to find out the potentiality of Small Solar Home System in rural areas. To facilitate the lower income group RSF has designed the small SHS (16Wp & 21Wp) with low power LED lighting device. Initially 200 small SHS under the pilot project and finally 700 SHS has been installed.
Successful implementation of small SHS has inpired to take pilot initiative for finding the technical and economical scope and impact of mini SHS. With the financial support of GTZ, RSF is implementing the program at field level. Under the framwork of the project, RSF is installing 500 small solar home systems for the very low income group. The system is based on 7.5 Wp PV module with a 7.5 Ah rechargeable maintenance free battery and few small lighting devices. Main targeted users of the system are small grocery shop, small home business as well as small homein rural areas where there is no electricity. So far 500 has been installed.
RSF has entered into new area of energy saving sector called improved cook stove with the cooperation of GTZ. Goal is to modify the stoves to make them fuel efficient and provide them with a mechanism (eg chimney) to remove polutants from indoor environment.
1. To reduce the in-door air polution. 2. TO improve the kitchen environment for supporting the mother and child health care program. 3. To protect de-forestration through improving the fuel efficiency of cooking stove. 4. To Reduce the Green House Effect. Main Feature of the Improve Cooking Stove (ICS) 1. 50% Fuel saving. 2. Reduce the smoke and thus protect the in-door environment. 3. Thermally efficient so the tempreture of the kitchen remain comparetivly Low. So far RSF has constracted 3,83,241 pcs ICS (Improved Cooking Stove) via IDCOL project and 4,500 pcs ICS plants via GTZ project till June, 2019.
In Bangladesh some privileged urban people have the facility to use the natural gas but the rural are using the biomass, firewood or cow dung in a conventional way and they are just burning it in presence of air and thus it create lot of smoke in the air and which is harmful for the health,specially for children and women.To address the issue and considering the local scenario RSF is working as CPO (Constructor Partner Organization) of IDCOL from 2006. So far RSF has installed 3,309 biogas plants till June, 2019.
1. RSF has signed an agreement with GTZ to implement the biogas plant construction 2. Under the agreement with GTZ to implement the biogas plant and 2 mason training program. 3. Significant of the project is its size.Its minimum size will be 6cubic meter which is beyond the IDCOL approved biogas plant so the people who need large or commercial type biogas they can be benifited from the project progress 4. RSF has arranged one mason training out of two and one commercial plant is under construction. So far RSF has provided 1,497 AP Battery till June, 2019.
Mode 1: The customer has to pay 15% of the total price as down payment during installation and the remaining 85% is paid by monthly installment within 36 months including 8% (flat rate) service charge is applicable. Mode 2: In case of cash purchase,consumer enjoy 4% discount on regular price.
All SHS clients get free support for three years from date of installation.RSF engineers visit at least once in a month during collection of monthly installment and check the system and note the data in the maintenance card of the system.If they found any problem, they take the necessary steps to resolve it.
RSF arrange regular free training program for the user.Users training ensures the proper use of the system more over some preventive maintenance work is also done by the users.In addition it helps to dissemination the technology.
RSF has post warranty service policy for its clients.This post warranty service charge is very low.It ensure that user will get a prompt response for any kind of technicall problem and service from RSF engineer. Major replacement cost will be borne by the user at a reasonable price .
1. Relief operation for SIDR affected people
2. Rehabilitation program after SIDR
3. RSF Model School & College
4. Poribash Uthshob Award
5. Computer Training Center